• "Oculus Rift on HTML5 using Node.js" by John Rockefeller
• "Android Quick Start" by Imad Azzam
• "OAuth2 on Android" by Norm Young
• "HTML5 Animation" by Alicia Thomson
We'll all break into small teams to develop nano-sized applications demonstrating one or more of Google's APIs. Each team will show their stuff with quick demos at the end of the evening.
Bring your laptop and come to lead or learn about Google's software technologies by putting your hands in to develop the code. Be sure to sign up for an account at GitHub, if you don't have one already (you do, RIGHT?)
Suggest your API and app ideas in the comments. Volunteer to lead a team. Mention which nano-project you'd like to join.
Android Quick Start
This is for developers that are completely new to Android, or have very little experience with it. I will go over select basic topics from here: http://developer.android.com/training/index.html and one advanced topic (In-App Billing), time-permitting.
The topics covered will be enough to put together a fully functional app, for example, my first Android app found on Google Play here:http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=azzam.imad.games.silhouguess2
1- Download and install the Android SDK from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2- Once installed, download the API 16 packages as follows:
a- Open Eclipse from the SDK downloaded above
b- Go to Window --> Android SDK Manager --> Select 'Android 4.1.2 (API 16)', which automatically select everything under it.
c- Make sure everything else is not selected, click 'Install ## packages' and follow the prompts.
3- If possible, bring an Android device running Android 4.1.2 or higher, and an appropriate USB cable. Running and debugging on a real device are much faster and convenient than the simulator.
OAuth2 on Android
From the top, down...
• Android Apps on Web APIs: http://youtu.be/dylFNrvZ_3U
• Overview of OAuth2: http://youtu.be/YLHyeSuBspI
• Jump to Mobile: http://youtu.be/YLHyeSuBspI?t=28m42s
• Authorization on Android: http://developer.android.com/google/play-services/auth.html
• Getting started: https://developers.google.com/.../oauth-and-tasks-on-android
• Official sample: http://code.google.com/.../OAuth2#Android
• Unofficial sample: https://github.com/wareninja/generic-oauth2-login-for-android