Gamescape Designers Guild Message Board › Hunt for the Ragnarok playtest

Hunt for the Ragnarok playtest

Scott B.
user 70702442
San Rafael, CA
Post #: 1
I wanted to invite all of you to a playtest event I'm hosting at Game Kastle in Santa Clara.
The event is scheduled on Friday, March 15 from 5PM to 10PM (closing).
Game Kastle is located at 1350 Coleman Avenue, Santa Clara, CA
I hope you'll come and give the game a try.

Scott

The game pitch:
Description
Hunt for the Ragnarok is a hidden movement board game for 2-5 players in which one player takes the role of the last heir of a fallen galactic empire fleeing for his life and title aboard the freighter Ragnarok while the rebellious nobles houses pursue.
The desperate and damaged Ragnarok must cross the vast reaches of space - avoiding other inhabited worlds and using stealth and deception to avoid capture. The other players, acting as ships of the rebellious nobles, search for the Ragnarok - each seeking to be the first to find the heir and strengthen their own claim to the title before one of the others can do the same.
The Hunt is on!
http://www.facebook.c...­

More info:
HftR uses a hidden movement board for the Ragnarok, while the hunters move openly on the main board. As the hunters search for the hidden ship, they scan space around them and receive data from the Ragnarok based on their proximity to the hidden ship.
Hunters also have access to a communal pool of powers. Each may use just one of these powers and when they do, the used powers are removed from the game. The hunters are competing for the same goal, each acting separately. They do not coordinate, though their actions will certainly affect one another. If hunters get to close to one another, they will attempt to disable one another to gain an advantage.
The game ends when the Ragnarok reaches its destination or when one of the hunters captures the fleeing ship.
A former member
Post #: 4
I live in the area, so I'll be there!
Scott B.
user 70702442
San Rafael, CA
Post #: 2

Very glad to hear it! Thank you.
A former member
Post #: 5
I might be running a little late tonight, so I'll plan to arrive between 6 and 7pm and will bring a friend with me.