Game Makers Message Board › Impromptu/Informal Hangouts

Impromptu/Informal Hangouts

Paolo R.
user 14039009
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 1
Hey all,

I'm currently hacking away on my game at Mighty Good Coffee till ~6pm. Feel free to stop by if you want to code with me, if you want me to teach you some things (web, mobile, or game dev), or if you just want an informal hangout to chat and talk about how awesome the new Mario, Halo 4, or Counterstrike game will be! Here's a map:

https://maps.google.c...­

Anyways, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this message...didn't see a "message all" button anywhere...sorry if you don't read this until the next couple days later...I know this is extremely short notice :p

However, since I'm starting to take a liking to this place, I might start to come here regularly on weekends, so if anyone is interested, perhaps we could make this our cool kids hangout to do one or more of the following:
-work on our projects/share tricks/ideas
-mini workshops/teaching sessions
-talk about geeky/nerdy stuff like what games we are looking forward to buy/play next, or why GUITextures are preferred over OnGUI() for mobile games

I'll suggest a poll and if you're interested in this kind of weekend warrior stuff, vote!

-paolo (that one short Filipino dude who's working on that zombie game)

Laura M.
Alyksandrei
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 6
There should be a meetup.com group email address . . . Other meetups I'm in have them, anyway, and it seems like they're a meetup.com function rather than an outside thing like yahoo groups or google groups, since I didn't have to sign up separately. But I don't know how to find it, or set it up, or anything like that.