add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

North Jersey Gamers Unite! Message Board › Pen and Paper RPG's (Dungeons and Dragons, World of Darkness, Paranoia, Call

Pen and Paper RPG's (Dungeons and Dragons, World of Darkness, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, etc.)

Jonathan R.
user 39826412
Hackettstown, NJ
Post #: 5

This thread is for anyone who is interested in playing a pen and paper tabletop RPG like the ones listed in the subject. If we get enough interest then we can see about organizing a campaign every couple of weeks or monthly or whatever works for everyone. If you've never played before, no big deal! We would be happy to teach you and show you the ropes, it can be a ton of fun once you get the hang of it, as long as you have an imagination to help drive the adventure! Post with any experience and games you have played as well as any resources that you can bring to the sessions we may be running.

PS: If you have any experience DM'ing, please let us know. Kate and I would be happy to host and we do have quite a few 4th Edition D&D books but we are still very very green when it comes to running a game and would love to get behind a more experienced Dungeon Master.
Steve H.
user 8099934
Great Meadows, NJ
Post #: 27
Well, I have been playing role-playing games for almost thirty years, including playing every edition of D&D. I am almost always the DM. I also play a variety of other role-playing games, but D&D is a good starting point.
Jonathan R.
user 39826412
Hackettstown, NJ
Post #: 7
That's what I end up doing with my other group of friends I went to high school with, none of them want to DM so I end up doing it and they seem to have a good time with it but im still very new to it. My stories could use some work. Can we safely assume that you are tired of DM'ing? :)
Steve H.
user 8099934
Great Meadows, NJ
Post #: 28
Actually, I prefer DMing. Sometimes I think, "It would be nice to be a player!" but I always end up wishing I had decided to be the DM.

If anyone is available and willing to come to my house Saturday afternoon we can do some D&Ding. I have a toddler, so it's not very convenient for me to go to other people's houses sometimes. If my wife is available she would play as well.
user 84849412
High Bridge, NJ
Post #: 1
Hey guys. Just joined this Group and am looking for a campaign to get in on, I usually DM but I've been itching to roll up a character. no super familiar with 4th edition rules because I've always played 2nd edition. But am down for whatever.
Brennan T.
user 40904362
Group Organizer
Washington, NJ
Post #: 3
I play and run, and my daughter does too. Things I've played lately: Monsterhearts, Apocalypse World, the new Marvel RPG, Bulldogs!, Dresden Files RPG, and Wandering Monster High School. I wouldn't mind getting a regular, maybe biweekly game going.
A former member
Post #: 43
We're restarting a rather complicated version of AD+D1e, just trying to figure out who's leaving and who is staying. It's a high mortality, low magic, rotating DM thing and we're pulling from a few groups. (we are used to a large game, chock full o violence) Although we're on the weird side as a group, we tend to play 1x a week and it's "anything goes", although that generally translates to "anything the dice let you do, goes". Furthermore, this game gets ugly so we limit exposure to adults 21+ and some of us drink beer while we play.