Northern Virginia Geek Club Message Board › Asst. Organizers based on interests

Asst. Organizers based on interests

Andrew
AndyT
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 108
Hey all,

Wow this group really grew fast!! So here's what I want to do, everyone has their own interests and events they'd like to see, and I want to open up the options for all of us. I would like for us to have some asst. organizers who would like to expand our repertoire into new activities: anime, comic-cons, robots, etc etc. There are no obligations or requirements as an asst. organizer except that you can host an event at least once in awhile, here and there or whenever you can. This will give our group a ton of variety and let us schedule more often!

I would also like to meet with you at one of our events and get to know you some before nominating you as such. If you're interested, please let me know here, or send me a message!
A former member
Post #: 312
Hi Andrew,

I'm happy to suggest and/or assemble a roleplaying-related meeting every so often for the tabletop gamers among us, but I'm not sure about doing the assistant organizer thing; I'm actually an organizer for a group of my own, and an assistant organizer for another group, and I don't want to overload myself.

-- Jim
Nichole
nichole_alynn
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 23
I'm able to help out, but I should disclose that I'm usually only social on weekends - my work schedule is often too unpredictable to make commitments during the week.

Ideas that I could put together: tabletop gaming (as the person before suggested - who might really be helpful, since I might need a little assistance with arranging it, but I'm happy to take on the task of organizing, otherwise), trivia nights, movie events, etc.

Jerri L.
Weebaby
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 6
I may be able to arrange some things in conjunction with SCA events and practices. For those who don't know, the Society for Creative Anachronism is a medieval re-creation group. Think renaissance fair with less cleavage.

I think it may be fun to arrange for Geek Club members to attend a fighter practice and try on some armor. Or attend a calligraphy night or brewing night. Or arrange to attend one of the actual events where the only requirement of non-member attendees is "to make a reasonable attempt at pre-17th century clothing.) There is almost always loaner garb available.

Another alternative is to arrange a medieval game name and open it to the local SCA barony!