addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Northern Virginia Geek Club Message Board › Any interest in a tour of the Franciscan Monastery in DC?

Any interest in a tour of the Franciscan Monastery in DC?

Kristen S.
user 4106204
Annandale, VA
Post #: 71
Another Meetup group that I'm in posted this as an event, and ended up with close to 100 people signed up. They had to split it into 2 groups.

"It has been called Washington's Best Kept Tourist Secret. It is known as an Oasis of Peace. It is the place dedicated to the Patron Saint of Animals. Yes, it looks beautiful from the outside, but what exactly does it look like inside? We will see."

Note: the tour includes going through the catacombs and seeing skeletal and mummified remains so is not for the squeamish.

I'd much rather go with a small group and enjoy the quiet. If I made this an event, I would limit the number of people even though it is a public place and there are no restrictions on going on your own. I'm just wondering if any one else would be interested?

Here is a link to the website: http://www.myfrancisc...­
Jerri L.
Weebaby
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 33
I went years ago and loved it!

I would suggest doing it later in the spring/early summer when the gardens are filling out.
A former member
Post #: 80
Yes, neat!
Monique
mllemonique
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 1
I've been there before and wouldn't mind going again--I even have the mug to prove it. :)
Ann
user 36828632
Springfield, VA
I'd be interested, but I second the suggestion about waiting a bit. I'd love to see the gardens in full bloom.
Kristen S.
user 4106204
Annandale, VA
Post #: 72
Yes, I wasn't planning it for this weekend, but I think the blossoms will be coming out soon! Hopefully I'll be scheduling it for end of April or early May. If the day I pick doesn't work for you, remember that anyone can sign up for a tour on their own--it's free!--or schedule another Meetup.
A former member
This has been a DC "bucket list" item for me for the longest time! Would love to join in on a tour.