addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Geek Culture Group Message Board Movie and Music Discussions › What's your favorite "superhero" movie?

What's your favorite "superhero" movie?

A former member
Post #: 11
I quoted superhero because I couldn't think of a way to shorten what I want to say. tongue So what is your favorite video game/comic book/anime/ cartoon series movie? There are many bad ones even though I like some of the bad ones. biggrin Pure entertainment!

My favorite is Aeon Flux. I get bashed for this all the time as it really is not a good movie. Yeah I know it sucked. biggrin I just find it entertaining. Like another episode of Aeon.

Then X-men 2 and Watchmen were good. I even enjoyed Spawn the movie.

How about y'all?
Everett, MA
Post #: 620
Definitely Watchmen
A former member
Post #: 30
mmmmmm, let's see. All things considered xmen and spidermen all sucked. blades 2 and 3 sucked. batmen 1-4 sucked. Hulk, Fan4, oh god, why is there such fail? The new superman sucked. Pardon me if I say that Ghost Rider and Daredevil are actually on the high end of the spectrum.

Blade 1, New Batman 1 and 2, new hulk, and Ironman were all definitely good, but I'm going to have to go with Batman: Mask of the Phantasm as the best out there, followed by Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

I think Spectacular Spiderman and Batman TAS are fine examples of how comics should be brought to life.
Waterbury, CT
Post #: 700
FF: Advent Children was pretty damn good.
A former member
Post #: 12
Its funny but any expectations of this genre of movie is really low for me. I just do not expect the movie to be anywhere near as good as the original source content.

Advent children was pretty entertaining. The Watchmen would have been the best comic movie in my eyes if it contained all the missing content and the bloody squid ending. The movie did not give Ozymandias justice. I understood the movie and Ozy's purpose but all my friends who never read the novel were like WTF! They did not get the ending nor the character (or any of them for the record). My friends on the other hand looked at me like I had two heads when I asked them if they wanted to see it again with me. biggrin Still a fun watch though as it was very faithful to the book.

Now, when I see a comic movie I do not expect to see anything as epic as Watchmen or as descent as the new Batman movies. All I expect is corniness with special effects on top. The cornier the movie the more I am entertained!

But, to be honest, I have not been able to finish about 90% of the Marvel movies that have been released lately in one sitting. I did see Wolverine in theaters so I saw that until the end only because it was so entertainingly terrible. Sometimes bad movies= lots of lol's. tongue

user 4161585
Bristol, CT
Post #: 257
I got a big kick out of Iron Man. Though that is in part due to my drooling interest in robot suits, giant robots, or any similarity thereof. The movie could be god awful, but at least I can look at the shiny robot stuff.
A former member
Post #: 36
You know, it sucks being unable to avoid seeing some of these movies. I mean, most of the comic book movies that come out I want to see with at least some passing interest. Even though I know they're an abomination and a horribly twisted version of the same story they emulate I still want to see them. And as long as I keep seeing them as they are they're going to leave the bar at my feet and not bother raising it.
A former member
Post #: 27
I simply adored Watchmen, I thought the alternative ending was really well done. To be fair, I have a hard time imagining people who had not read the graphic novels really getting the whole Squid bit, although I do agree that Ozy's character took a hit with it.

Outside of that, the recent Iron Man flick, and the Edward Norton Hulk were both exceedingly well done, also.
A former member
Post #: 6
I agree with Watchmen a really good superhero movie. Plus the music was absolutey phenomonal.
Anyone have a soft spot for the michael keaton batman movies? I always enjoyed the whole vibe from those movies. I forget who directed them, it was someone guy that does a lot of stuff with johnny depp.
A former member
Post #: 54
I loved Watchmen both as a graphic novel and movie as well as the first Blade move, X-Men 1 and 2, the first two Spider Man movies (I won't get into the problems that I had with the third, not in this thread anyway) and Sgt. Kabukiman.