So following some feedback I've figured out that:
- People want board games but they are generally better done on weekends.
- People do want to do some online gaming during the week, since there's not much setup and it can be done from the comfort of home.
- Need more general 'hang out' events that aren't just for gaming.
So my responses are...
Mid-Week Online Gaming & Stress Relief
Once a week on Wednesdays starting July 9 @ 7pm!
Tabletop RPG Workshop (& board games if desired!)
Right before Pathfinder Campaign on Sundays starting July 27 @ 10am-12pm!
UPCOMING - More board gaming opportunities
- On June 19 and August 16 we already have an evening board game slot. Currently scheduled at Crema Coffee, though I may be revisiting this due to possible parking issues (the lot is only 3 hours free! How silly is that?)
- Starting September 27 we can use Bascom Community Center for board games, every 4th Saturday at 1-5pm.
- I 'd love to see members step up to host weekend board games for evening/night, as I do not have a house to host at (got to work on getting that new job, first...) If not, though, I will put together another once-a-month weekend board gaming opportunity besides the existing ones above.
UPCOMING - Weekday Afternoon Coffee & Tea
I haven't put this one on calendar just yet, but while I am without a job I will be scheduling a weekday afternoon coffee/tea get-together so I can have some company while I'm looking for jobs/writing resume. We could make it a job search workshop, a networking opportunity or just a hangout. It will probably be on Mondays.
Still working on scheduling more 'non-gaming hangouts'. Suggestions always welcome! Let me know what we need more of, and what we need less of... I'm always listening. :)
Hope you all have a great time tonight if you're going to Tech Museum, and enjoy your long weekend!!
Organizer, Geek Girls Silicon Valley
Now on Twitter! @darksirensally @GeekGirlsSV