a series of informal chats to put Greater Philadelphia social good in context
For those of you who have been to our previous Philly Social Good Meetups, this is our reboot of the series with a new name and design.
The #OWNPHL Debriefs are a series of informal, brown-bag lunches hosted by Generocity, in which we discuss current social good events and topics.
WHY: We want to help people better understand the landscape of social good and innovation in the city, current topics that affect those people/organizations, and what this means to Philly’s future. This is an opportunity for people to connect in a relaxed environment and spend an hour talking about social good in the context of our community, ask questions, and build new relationships.
HOW: Each month we will review 4 to 6 events that have taken place over the last month (reviewing February in March, March in April and so on). They will be inclusive of all sectors: nonprofit, for-profit, government and other community events.
This month’s featured events will be:
- Philly Stake - A locally sourced, recurring dinner in which money is raised for creative & relevant community engaged projects.
- TechCamp Philadelphia - A new, large-scale, weekend-long unconference and hackathon event focused on new ideas in education, with a rare technology event inside the School District of Philadelphia, through a partnership with the U.S. State Department.
- Data Driven Donor Management - Leveraging Recency & Frequency Effects in Donation Behavior with Peter Fader, co-director of the Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative and the Frances and Pei-Yuan Chia Professor of Marketing, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Funding Allocation: A Measured Approach for Nonprofits - The forum will feature a discussion on how nonprofits can yield the strongest return on their allocation of limited agency resources to achieve their missions
- Better Choices for Pennsylvania Webinar on Impact of New Pennsylvania State Budget on Nonprofits - Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center director Sharon Ward will provide an analysis of the Governor’s proposed budget
- Women and Influence Conference - Annual Women's Way Conference on women's issues
If you missed any of these events and would like to know more, this is a great opportunity to hear a recap and share your thoughts.
Note: This is a brown-bag lunch. We will be providing some light refreshments, but please feel free to bring a full lunch!
Have an event you’d like to discuss? Email us at [masked] and tell us what would like to present the 5-minute overview.
Hear something you’re interested in during the meetup? Make sure to tweet about it using the hashtag #OWNPHL1
Image courtesy of stevendepolo