(Logistics: Park on West side; Front Entrance, sign will be on door to text to be let in)
Hi all Geo Colorado Meetup folk:
It has been a while since last tried to have some Geo Meetups in Colorado. We were thinking of trying a reboot.
Here was the thought: Meetup Quarterly and ask for topics in 3 categories to mix it up and offer chance to do breakouts, then network altogether after for some brews/food. Xentity Corporation has offered to host and they have offered conference rooms etc. in multiple Denver Metro locations (Downtown Denver, Denver West, Boulder, DTC, etc.) Pending who replies, we can adjust location to attendees. The topical areas suggested to solicit ideas were:
- Tech - New Technology demos you've been playing with or recently deployed
- Projects - Any case study or recent Geo projects
- Concepts - Discuss some new concepts in Geo - how to apply some new tech, new operating models, new policies, etc.
For the first reboot, We are suggesting 8/8/13 at the Signature Centre in Golden, CO Denver West 14143 Denver West Pkwy Suite 100 which is across from Colorado Mills off I-70. After the meetup, we figured we could then hit Yard House after across the way for some brews. The topics suggested so far are:
- Tech - CartoDB Demo and updates
- Projects - Denver-based Geospatial Federal and Opendata Recently released or updated projects: data.gov, updated US Federal public domain data sources, NSF EarthCube
- Concepts - Discuss BigData and Geo
We're looking to gauge interest, so please reply if could attend those dates, suggest alternative topics or dates, and any other suggestions.