You are putting time and effort into learning new tech skills and if you really want to land a great job, there are two things you must add to your portfolio: a killer resume and impressive interviewing skills. Very few people have either. But both of these are much easier than you may think!
Most resumes never get past the initial screen because they fail to immediately impress the reader (e.g. hiring manager or HR screener) that you are someone they need to meet with. How do I know? Because I’ve reviewed thousands of resumes and hired hundreds of people into engineering, sales, marketing, and executive positions for dozens of companies. And 99% of all resumes I see are horrible. Yours doesn’t need to be one of them.
In Part 1 of this Get Hired! series, you will learn how to best articulate your skills, experience, and interests on your resume in a way that helps you stand out from the crowd. You have game-changing skills – I’ll show you how to best present them. In Part 2 of the Get Hired! series we’ll master the art of the interview. The class will be on Feb 24th and you can sign up here.
In this Part 1 workshop, you’ll learn:
• What hiring managers are really looking for
• How to write your resume in a way that gives you a much greater chance of getting in the door
• What to do with your resume once you've made it spectacular (how to get it into the hands of the right people)
Please come to the workshop with:
• A printed copy of your resume, regardless of the shape it’s in. This is a workshop, and we will use your actual resumes as we go through the various stages of the class.
• A laptop computer is optional. A notebook/tablet to take notes is encouraged.
About the teacher:
Anthony has been a CEO, board chairman, sales lead, marketing executive, company advisor, startup investor, and engineer. He’s run very large as well as small businesses and has reviewed thousands of resumes over the past decade making countless hiring and thank-you-but-not-interested decisions. In his blog, Anthony’s Desk, he shares his experiences and insights helping both young professionals and seasoned executives in their careers.
Azavea specializes in the creation of geographic web and mobile software, as well as geospatial analysis services to enhance decision-making. They are committed to working on projects with strong social value in order to promote the emergence of more vibrant and sustainable communities. And they are looking for talented people like you to join their team.