Bronto Software provides solutions for retailers and other commerce-focused companies to drive revenue through targeted email and cross-channel marketing. The company serves over 1000 organizations worldwide, including Party City, Armani Exchange, Timex, Samsonite and Trek Bikes.
Bronto is consistently recognized for its products and services as well as being a great place to work. Some of our awards and designations include:
Inc. 5000 - Ranked one of the fastest growing private software companies in the U.S.
North Carolina Technology Association’s Software Company of the Year Award - 2011
Stevie Award for Best Customer Service Department - 2009 and 2010
Best Place to Work, Triangle Business Journal - 2010, 2011, 2012
CODIE Finalist, Best Marketing Software - 2011, 2012
Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, Bronto is now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading marketing platform for retailers and other commerce-focused companies.
We are currently seeking an Automation Test Engineer to develop automated test suites for Bronto’s software applications. The Automation Test Engineer will be pivotal in helping drive the Bronto Engineering team towards our goal of continuous delivery and test-driven development. This will be accomplished through the planning & development of integrations tests, extending the code coverage of our unit tests and thorough regression testing. Bronto Software tracks and aggregates tens of millions of data points every day, and provides near real-time analysis and reporting to our customers. This functionality is made possible through leading Open Source technologies including PHP, Java, MySQL, Hadoop, and Hbase. Our Software Engineering teams are small and nimble; qualified applicants will have a direct impact on the quality of Bronto's newest set of features. If you have the technical aptitude, and self-motivation required, we would love to hear from you.
● Implementation of new PHPUnit / JUnit tests for a highly flexible workflow automation system
● Work to develop UI tests for new and existing application functionality with Selenium
● Continue to enhance test-driven-development (TDD) at Bronto
● BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
● Must have Experience with PHP (Java, Python, Ruby, or other languages a plus)
● Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
● Knowledge of n-tier or service-oriented architecture
● Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
● Comfortable with Linux or OS X development environments; no Microsoft here
Other Useful Skills:
● Experience with testing applications employing large-scale data storage and analysis systems
● PHPUnit / JUnit work / QUnit
● Work with software lifecycle tools such as Jira a plus.
● Hudson / Jenkins / CruiseControl / Bamboo continuous integration system experience
Top Reasons to Join Bronto
Clear Vision: All Brontos know why the company exists (our purpose) and where we are headed (our mission). Ask us!
Live Our Values - Transparent, Approachable, Passionate. This is who we are.
Great Location: The American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham - Renovated tobacco factory with courtyard, stream, restaurants, coffee shop, taproom, YMCA...
Community Involvement: All Brontos are given company time to volunteer at area non-profits
Active Lifestyle: Wellness events, subsidized Y membership, local produce in the break room, dri-fit Bronto gear. Regular social events, including Fridays at Bronto’s kegs, Durham Bulls games, Wii and foosball, casino night and our legendary Assassin tournament!
Perks like a 5-week sabbatical every 5 years and free beverages and snacks
To see the Bronto life through words, photos and videos, visit http://brontonation.c...
To apply on-line, please visit www.bronto.com/careers or feel free to contact me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org