GlobalNet21: Recreating Our Futures Message Board Social Action › Living Below The Poverty Line

Living Below The Poverty Line

Francis S.
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 190
One of our members Bambos Charalambous is going to be living below the poverty line! From May 2nd - 6th when he will be surviving off just £1 a day for all of his food. He says,

"It's definitely going to be hard, but it's an awesome way for me to raise money and awareness for the 1.4 billion people who have to live like this every day - and who have to make £1 cover a lot more than food!"

This is part of a national campaign where people will raise money for anti poverty causes. Please donate to support Bambos, and critical anti-poverty initiatives.

You can do this at http://my.livebelowth...­
avra c.
divermate
New York, NY
Post #: 1,687
I had a challenging but highly rewarding experience participating in this event when it rolled around the U.S.
I fared quite well nutritionally but it required a great deal of work. I wrote about it at some length over the course of the project and posted lots of pictures here: ­Live Below the Line/Fight Poverty Now!