Destination is Maddy's Fish Bar
Reasons to go:
· Every night is gluten-free fish & chips night
· This place actually got funding for their top-of-the-line frying equipment via a successful kickstarter campaign which is pretty amazing
· Your intrepid GF Meetup scouts have visited this place in advance and rate it as om nom nom
· Maddy + her staff seem very interested in the whole gluten-free thing and it would be nice to get them some extra GF fans
· IPA Gluten-Free beer is present
Maddy can and does provide gluten-free fish and chips by using gluten-free batter & having a separate fryer for gluten and non-gluten things. There are however some things on the menu that are not gluten-free and when we visited Maddy and her staff were able to clearly identify these. For example, they didn’t have any gluten-free buns so a GF chip-butty was not on the menu. We could probably bring GF buns onto the menu, if we want, by pre-arrangement.
If we get a big enough group we might possibly be able to make a reservation of sorts. Otherwise we just need to pitch up and potentially wait a little while in order to sit together. It is a small place with room for about 12 people total.
Optional pre-visit to Ruby Tuesdays
Greenwich Market hosts Ruby Tuesdays (purveyor of artisan GF cupcakes, donuts and other delights) and is a 20 minute appetite-raising walk away from Maddy’s.
London Overground from London Bridge is probably best since New Cross station is 1 minute away from Maddy’s