We'll choose an app to build. We will build the app together with the help of the experienced developers among us. We will give ourselves 6 weeks (max) to build this app.
We will next split into groups who want to build apps together. New members can choose which of these groups to join based on the teams and the app being built by the group. If there are no such groups, we'll continue welcoming new members and building a speaker series to share related knowledge.
The planned format is to have two tracks, one as orientation for Android beginners and another for experienced Android developers.
Track 1: beginner orientation @ 5:45pm for 45 minutes. Build an Android app from scratch. Bring a laptop or follow along with a fellow developer.
• An app with payments
• An app using audio/video, like Google hangouts, to connect two users.
• An app using the accelerometer
Track 2: speaker @ 5:45pm, followed by discussion and open Q&A
Speaker: TBA (contact the organizer to volunteer)
Topic suggestions for speakers:
• Android and the Internet of Things
• UI tips: how does Flipboard do it?
• Making Uber
• Differences between Android and iOS
• Managing users across more than 1 app
• App analytics