|Sent on:||Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:35 PM|
The Center for Inquiry seeks to hire a web developer to maintain its current suite of websites and web applications while developing additional web-based solutions to address various needs.
The web developer will work closely with the Web Designer to
● develop Expression Engine-based dynamic websites
● develop dynamic, database-driven Ruby-on-Rails applications for solutions that fall outside the bounds of standard content-management systems
● plan strategies to ensure that all of CFI’s web assets are effectively designed, developed, and maintained
● create documentation for all of CFI’s current websites and web applications
● demonstrable experience with the Ruby language and the Ruby-on-Rails web framework
● experience administering and configuring Linux/Apache servers
● strong knowledge of HTML and CSS standards and compliance
● the ability to discern the macroscopic goals of Center for Inquiry and its affiliate organizations in order to create web solutions that provide the best compromise between the needs of the organizations, the capabilities of a small web department, and the potential solutions provided by dynamic web applications
● great teamwork skills
● experience with basic PHP and SQL queries
● strong understanding of user experience and translating user requirements into web solutions
Salary is negotiable and based on the applicant’s experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to [address removed].