Post #: 63

Sent: Sat, Jun 16, 2012 1:02 am
Subject: Re: Fwd: Misogyny

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 12:26 AM
Subject: Fwd: Misogyny

Sent: Fri, Jun 15, 2012 6:27 pm
Subject: Misogyny

Hi to all,
I'm not certain the the link, below, is working so I've copied it twice in different ways. If nothing else works you can copy & paste or even type into your browser. This should take you to a short but interesting video, parts of which have since appeared on CNN. --Dan

Why are MEN still trying to tell WOMEN what to do with their bodies? Why are they passing laws which, in effect, tell women that if their pregnancy reaches a certain point they have to choose DEATH for themselves, rather than for the fetus? Why are these particular MEN so uptight about human anatomy that they have BARRED A WOMAN LEGISLATOR FROM SPEAKING simply for using the word VAGINA? What makes them think that they have the right to tell a Jewish legislator and others like her that they can no longer legally pursue their faith by valuing the rights of the mother over the rights of the fetus? And, God help us, this is in a northern state, not, a southern hotbed of misogyny! Probably good intentions; very bad results. Please check out the short video. --Dan

EllenBeth W.
Lakeland, FL
Post #: 28
Is this really so surprising? Misogyny and sexism is still a problem within the SECULAR community so of course it will be an even bigger problem with the general community and a given within the religious right.

There is a schism going on, as I type this, within the movement over the ongoing refusal of some men to acknowledge the tendency to continue the pattern even after giving up religion and supernatural beliefs. Our society promotes this within our culture in almost every aspect and it is incredibly difficult to overcome.

Daniel S.
user 4619933
Kissimmee, FL
Post #: 64
Well said, Ellen. I'm convinced that our country (or any country) would be much improved by a higher percentage of women in both government and private industry. --Dan