Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › What happened to Sundays?

What happened to Sundays?

A former member
Post #: 5
I notice that no Sunday events are scheduled for March or April...they are all Saturdays. Alex and I just finished our show and we looking forward to some Sunday gaming. What happened?
A former member
Post #: 27
We had a number of requests to move this back to the Saturday nights that we had originally decided upon. We did this at the beginning of February.

I personally don't have too much interest in gaming on Sundays but I am certainly willing to add a few Sundays back to the schedule if there is enough interest. We will have to be sure though not to interfere with the schedule of other gaming groups that sometimes have meetups at Panera's on Sheridan on Sundays or select another location.

Tom D, do you have a comment here? I know you originally expressed interest in Sunday gaming. smile
A former member
Post #: 1
I like Saturdays better
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 940
I'm going to stick my 2 cents in here as well. We had started p utting things on Sunday because one of our founders had a Saturday confllict on 2 Saturdays a month and wanted SUndays.
We scheduled the Sundays and the person who asked for them didn't show up and the people who didn't realllly want SUndays, but had to be there to run them and got stuck.
I, for one, don't want to game on SUnday. Its my only day of the week I have off from work and I don't want to get out of my jammies and go anywhere... I even get my morning coffee refill at the Manhattan Bagel drive thru in pj's
A former member
Post #: 6
Sunday gaming was the primary reason I joined the group and they were the only events I was able to attend. I almost always have something going on Saturday afternoon and evening. At the two Sundays Alex and I attended there was a turnout of several tables worth of people. It seems odd to me that absolutely nobody else wanted to be there.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 73
You should start a fifth group! I'm up for gaming on Sundays. tongue

Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 511
Mike, *you'd* game 7 days a week! cool
A former member
Post #: 7
Hmmm...I don't think we're ready for the SOBGOB...Sunday Only Board Gamers Of Buffalo. Frankly, to a layman, the different groups are silly. It would be much easier to have one meetup group with all the events. Like many people here, I am a member of all four, but I have to check (or don't check) four sets of message boards, etc. It also costs 4x as much to rent the meetup space.

I understand some of the concerns...non Euro gamers don't want to have rank newbies spoil games, etc. But couldn't we just figure out an experience level system like at game cons?

At any rate, I know that the BBMG probably won't schedule an event on Sundays and I'm not terribly familiar with the other two groups. If I make arrangements to have a couple of people at Panera's on a particular Sunday, is there any reason why this group would have a problem putting it on the official schedule? I know many more people use the calendar than read the message boards.

J
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 943
If you guys want, I would ask that you harass Tom D, out asst organizer about the SUndays. He was the original requester, who didn't show up. Please remember, there is another group that uses Panera on SUndays and we share with them. So the schedule would need to work around them.
seafsee
seafsee
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 27
Hi jebock,

I'm fairly certain, you could find other interested parties for Sunday gaming. The group would more than likely have these posted on the schedule provided they don't conflict with another groups planned meeting. This is where things get a little sticky however.

As you are a member of some (if not all) the other groups, you would have better knowledge of their planned activities. I myself have not been welcome at at least one other group, so have no interest, desire or plans to see what they are up to. Another thought would be to find another place to hold some Sunday meetings. Wegmans, has available space and something would have to be arranged to meet there and to be sure it doesn't conflict with another group.

It is my belief, the message boards are underutilized. I understand your wanting to check schedules as a source, but think the boards should not be underestimated.

Personally, I'd like to see special nights set up for specific activities. For instance, a few folks have expressed interest in having a Monopoly night, and others like one on one competition like Backgammon and/or Chess.
I am partial to Backgammon myself, but it has been ages since I played Monopoly and wouldn't mind a large game one night.

Yet another possibility could be for someone to host a small gathering at their home.

Just a few thoughts.

Charles

(Edit: To fix color tag)