Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Darren's European Tour 2009: Austria Recap

Darren's European Tour 2009: Austria Recap

Darren
user 8689497
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 6
One day out until I head to Romania, so I thought it was about time that I wrote about my time here.
The food has been excellent!!! I can't remember when I last ate so well. We have a large lunch nearly daily, almost always of pork.
Lately, the weather has not been cooperating, and we have been stuck with very little to do as we ran out of filter paper to do the soil chemistry. It has been the wettest summer here in about 150 years. Even with this, we managed to finish every unit that we had permissions for. The timing of my departure is good, as Patrick's wife Rachael arrives today, which will effectively but a stop to the work for awhile. Which is a shame as there is finally some good weather around here.
Had a little side trip to Slovenia when Patrick went to meet with some people at the University. Gorgeous place, and quite a bit to see.
We had several crews pass through here, but do to an unexpected opportunity for one of them, it has been just Patrick and I for the last two weeks. As we had essentially a week of rain when you put it all together, it got a little stir crazy around here. It will be weird to be surrounded by 30+ English speakers in Romania.
That's all for now, I won't have internet access in Romania I believe, so this will be my last recap before my triumphant return in August.
Take Care,
-Darren
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,007
sigh.....I miss Darren
A former member
Post #: 38

I spoke with Tom Parry today. He is expecting Darren's return on August 12th!!

I can't wait to hear all about his summer!!
A former member
Post #: 87
Any word on the return and awesome stories?
A former member
Post #: 39
Darren unexpectedly came to the meetup on Saturday!! It sure was good to see him.