addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,
I was viewing urban homestead vids on youtube when I came across simplelivingskills. I was thrilled to see that they were located in colorado! I then looked on meetup (which I had never used before) and I am just tickled that there are more like minded people in the metro area that I can share info and ideas with!

I was raised by a rather unconventional mother. When most of my school age friends were watching tv and eating instant meals, I was butchering animals, helping to raise livestock, canning, dehydrating, chopping firewood, gardening, using herbs&plants to cure our ills ( I SWEAR I never saw a doctor until my junior year in high school),learning to do knitting (not a good idea for me!), crocheting, sewing, and a myriad of other "chores" which, honestly, I despised her for! We also DID NOT have a tv for a great part of our lives.

Now as I get older, I find myself going back to the ways I was taught when I was younger and I am VERY thankful for my weird mother teaching me such invaluable information....thanks mom :-)

So, that is an intro from me.....LOL

How about you? Why do you want to learn these "outdated" skills?
A former member
Post #: 27
Well welcome. sounds like we can learn alot from you and the skills your mother taught you. Hope to meet you at one of the meetups.

Kathleen