addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Organic, Edible Gardening in Orange County. Message Board › Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes

A former member
Post #: 4
For those of us who were not or may not be able to attend the meetings , does anyone care to share some of the topics from the last meeting ? I'd like to hear and maybe discuss some of them, anybody out there?
A former member
Post #: 1
Greg is the leader of the group. He is very experienced and helpful. He brought hand-outs and had some Square Foot Gardening books for sale ($20). I used to do this eons ago, but bought the new book anyway. It is full of updated info.

The people are friendly. The only negative is that the darned weather won't make up its mind. Is it winter or spring? I don't know, but I read the book from cover to cover and ran out to buy supplies. Greg was right on with his advice. Everything was where he said it would be.

I live in a condo. My gardening is in pots. The best price and size was at Lowe's. They also had the mix for the pots. It was very convenient. Gardening on the ground, if you have ground, is even easier. Just come and take notes. You'll find it simple.

I now have lettuce, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and carrots in pots. Well, the carrots are still under the soil, but they must be thinking about peaking out soon. All I need is patience. Right. Like that's going to happen!

Sharon
A former member
Post #: 5
Yeah, I know what you mean, gardening teaches us patience! carrots take their sweet time but they are worth it ! don't be tempted to pull them up too soon, either! I let the tops get good and long and feel around the top of the soil for a nice wide shoulder of the carrot to determine if I should pull it up. They smell so sweet even before you eat them ! good luck , happy gardening !