A hands-on class to teach the basics of simple, water bath canning. Participants will assist in the canning preparation and processing, and receive a jar of each item to take home. The class will include:
- Zesty Tomato Sauce (techniques for canning tomatoes and tomato products)
- Lemon Cucumber Pickle (techniques for pickling vegetables)
- Spiced Peach Jam (techniques for jams and jellies)
Participants will receive recipes for the items prepared in class and general canning instructions. Class will also include information about canning equipment and canning/food safety issues.
Cost: $45 (includes canned food and instructional handouts)
About the Instructor:
Sundari Kraft is the author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Urban Homesteading" and writes about cooking and canning for her website at EatWhereULive.com. Her interest in sustainable food production led her to learn about canning as a way to preserve her garden's harvest
To Register For This Class:
You will need to join this group in order to register. Your information will be kept private, and you won't receive more than one monthly email from Heirloom Gardens.
Follow the instructions in the blue box (upper right) to join the group. When you register for a class you will be guided to pay online through Amazon payments. Once this system is set up, you can register for future classes with just one click.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact Sundari at:
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel or change a scheduled class.
- If you notify us more than 7 days before the class, you can receive a credit for an upcoming class (at the same price) or receive a refund.
- If you notify us between 48 hours and 7 days before the class, you will receive a credit for an upcoming class.
- If you notify us less than 48 hours before the class, you can choose to either transfer your seat to another person, or receive an Heirloom Gardens gift certificate for 50% of the cost of the class.