Come join us at hack.rva for a fun filled workshop introducing the Arduino Microcontroller.
UPDATE - We're happy to announce all of the workshop participants will receive these Ultimate Starter Kits. They include everything you'll need and a 72 page booklet.
UPDATE to the UPDATE - There is an Introduction to Arduino workshop wiki now. Take a look and feel free to edit it.
What We'll learn/do:
1. Background - A little bit about the arduino and open source hardware.
2. Arduino Basics - How to blink LED's, upload code, simple control of servos, etc.
3. Original Fun - Create something original to compete in a simple project based competition. Don't worry, you'll be provided with plans and materials that will work. The only goals are originality and fun. Completion of the task is optional.
4. Learning Beyond the Workshop - Information on how to participate in the Arduino community so you can flex your new-found powers beyond the hack.rva workshop. Including websites to find projects, parts, additional shields, and code.
5. What to Bring - A laptop with the Arduino software installed. A willingness to have fun and make mistakes.
6. Cost - $65 gets you the workshop, your own arduino, and all the components you'll need.