We're currently working to build a robot base with an equipment cost of $500 and the following capabilities/sensors:
- Large payload capacity
- Custom motor controller
- Wheel odometry
- Navigation (LIDAR, IR array, etc.)
- Visual (Webcam)
- Intelligence (Raspberry Pi/Ardunio)
- Operates for several hours on a single charge
We are currently building a Roomba prototype (Perseus) and a much larger custom-built platform (Hercules). We've come up with 12 tasks below to accomplish. Come join us!
The 12 Tasks of Hercules are:
1) Drive around 3 cones
2) Deliver a pizza from the front door of the DOJO to a pre-determined location in the Dojo.
3) Detect the face / body of the owner
4) Follow a predetermined target shape.
5) Follow a detected person to deliver a cooler of beer
6) Avoid somone / something when they/it falls in front of the robot unexpectedly
7) Draw a chess board indoors (with washable chalk)
8) Deliver a cookie from one room in the DOJO to another room in the dojo, through a non-predetermined route, avoiding unexpected obstacle
9) Drive around the DOJO for one week without crashing, hitting anyone or getting lost saying hello to known people
10) Draw a chess board outdoors (with washable chalk)
11) Identify a bad guy in a line up of people
12) Drive around the DOJO for one week identifying every time a predetermined bad guy shows up