Hacks/Hackers Brisbane Message Board › Wrap up: March meet up

Wrap up: March meet up

Skye D.
SkyeDoherty
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 18
Great to see some new faces on Thursday. We certainly need to even up the gender balance though (come along girls!)

Greg Hooper and Ricky Robinson gave us a wrap of the project they pitched to the CitizenJ Experiments Fund. The fund allocated four grants in this round and two of the projects were by HackHackers members: Here's the press release: http://citizenj.edgeq...­
It looks like there is another round opening in August: http://edgeqld.org.au...­

Greg, Kris, Greg and Ryan are building a social interface for Gephi - the network analysis software. They are at the point where they need some input on the design and are keen for members of this group to check out their wireframes.
If you'd like to help, drop Greg and email and he'll send you though some details:
gregstuarthooper@gmail.com

Ricky and his team of start-up/tech people are launching an online news publication about the local tech/start-up scene. It's called Tech Street Journal and the site is up and poised for stories: www.TSJ.io

G20
We're still keen on producing some stories around the G20. Greg and co's project is likely to feed into this but in the first instance we need to start compiling information.
I've created a basic Google spreadsheet that I will share with anyone who is interested so we can collate data, images, past promises, etc in one place.
Let me know if you would like access to the spreadsheet and I'll share it with you.

That's it for now.
Skye
Rae A.
raeallen
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 4
Hi Skye, add me into the G20 data sheet - thought even something simple like a spreadsheet with a column for each country might be a start - then we could start adding rows of data, identifying their source
Skye D.
SkyeDoherty
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 19
That's done. feel free to edit and add as you see fit.