The next Hadoop User Group DC Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 28 at 6:30pm. Save the date!
We have 2 great talks lined up. Be ready to take some notes!
- Grant Ingersoll will be giving us an indepth look at Hadoop and Machine learning. Grant Ingersoll is the co-founder of Apache Mahout as well as Lucid Imagination, a company dedicated to supporting Apache Lucene and Solr. Grant’s prior experience includes work at the Center for Natural Language Processing at Syracuse University in natural language processing and information retrieval. Grant earned his B.S. from Amherst College in Math and Computer Science and his M.S. in Computer Science from Syracuse University, NY.
- Pentaho - James Dixon is Founder and Chief Geek / CTO at Pentaho Corporation, the pioneer in agile business intelligence (BI). James has over 15 years of professional experience in software architecture, development and systems consulting. Prior to Pentaho, James held key technical roles at AppSource Corporation (acquired by Arbor Software which later merged into Hyperion Solutions) and Keyola (acquired by Lawson Software). James will give us an instructive session on how to bring business analytics to Big Data using Hadoop and other tools.
Location: Library of Congress - National Digital Library Learning Center
James Madison Building
101 Independence Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20540
- 6:30 - 7:00 Food and Refreshments, Socialize
- 7:00 - 7:30 Grant Ingersoll - Apache Mahout is a machine learning library aimed at providing scalable implementations to many common machine learning problems like classification, clustering and recommendations. In this talk, Apache Mahout co-founder Grant Ingersoll will provide a brief background on machine learning and then introduce Mahout. Finally, we will look at how Mahout leverages Apache Hadoop to implement scalable machine learning algorithms.
- 7:30 - 8:00 - James Dixon - instructive session on how to bring business analytics to Big Data.
- 8:00 - 8:30 - Socialize
Look forward to see you there!