A series of short talks followed by an unconference-style meetup scheduled right before the Strata / Hadoop World NYC event. The evening will be divided into slots for short lightning talks (15 min including Q&A) followed by unconference-style breakouts and free networking time. If you have a topic you’d like to present please contact our MCs for the evening, Eli Collins and Aaron Myers (aka ATM).
- 7:00p Arrival & Refreshments
- 7:30p Administrativa & Introductions
- 7:40p Talk 1 - Paul Mackles will discuss how Adobe uses Hadoop streaming, Hive and Python to create a simple and scalable "log ingestion" platform that allows Adobe to easily integrate with dozens of partners for its Audience Manager product.
- 8:00p Talk 2 - Tsuyoshi Ozawa will talk about multi-level MapTask aggregation to improve MapReduce shuffle cost.
- 8:20p Talk 3 - Junping Du will present on his efforts to make Hadoop aware of virtual infrastructure for enhanced reliability and performance.
- 8:40p Breakouts
- 10:00p Take it to a local watering-hole
Space graciously provided by FourSquare, and refreshments provided by Cloudera.