Hey Hardwarians! It's time for another SF Hardware Startup Meetup!
This month our host and sponsor is Counsyl. Their goal is to make the human genome practically useful for life-altering decisions - focusing currently on pre-pregnancy genetic testing. They're going to tell us how they do it - including their wild lab automation!
DEMOS - If you've got a prototype to show us, or if you just want to talk about what you're working on, use this sign-up sheet to grab your spot! The format is 2 minutes maximum (hard stop): no projector, no slides - just you + prototype and a microphone! Remember, people who've never demoed get preference over those that have already! Also, be there at 6pm sharp to secure your spot!
Volunteers - If you'd like to volunteer at this meetup, send me a message through Meetup.com, and we'll get you plugged in!
Getting there: The venue is in South San Francisco, about a mile's walk from the S. SF BART/Caltrain station. It's not a bad walk, but if you'd like to carpool down - use the comment section of this Meetup event page to coordinate!
Announcements / Events
- Samsung Create: Flexible Future, Aug. 13: They're having a meetup to talk about their flexible display tech and hardware in general. 6-10pm Parisoma in SF
-SV Hardware Startup Meetup, Aug. 14: Come to talk: "Engineering 3D Printing with Type A Machines". 5:30pm TechShop SF
- Bay Area Modular Electronics Meetup, Aug. 17: It's their first meeting, so come out for all things electronic and modular! 4-6pm TechShop San Jose
- Internet of Things Silicon Valley, Aug. 20: They're talking "Whitespace of IoT". 6:30-8:30pm HackerDojo Mountain View
- New StackExchange for "Maker Pros" - This just started and could be big - check it out and ask whatever hardware questions you wish!
- r/HWStartups - If you haven't seen it yet, check out our Hardware Startups Sub-Reddit for the latest news on hardware - it's like HN to for the hardware community!
- Also, check out our own Renee DiResta's awesome post: "Hardware by the Numbers", to see just how far this movement has come in the past two years - exciting times for hardware!
As always, let me know if I can help, or if you want to! Especially if you've got sponsors or venues you can connect us to!