Have you ever wanted to photograph Paris, the City of Lights, at night? Then this is the workshop for you!
Legendary photographer, night-shooting guru, and flower photographer extraordinaire Harold Davis, and Mark Brokering, our own Director of Social Awesomeness and expert-on-all-things-Parisian, will guide a small group of participants to get those amazing, out-of-the way shots that are hard to find on your own.
Click here for the COMPLETE ITINERARY, workshop terms & conditions, and ONLINE REGISTRATION.
This photo tour is closed to new registrations! Thanks for your interest.
Besides shooting Paris at night, we will shoot Monet's Gardens at Giverny, enjoy after-hours access to Giverny, and work to emulate the monochromatic visions of Paris expressed by Brassai and Atget.
We'll stay in the arty and luxurious Hotel Lutetia in the Latin Quarter, explore the neighborhoods of Paris, photograph the stairs of Montmartre, shoot the Luxembourg Gardens, and photograph along the banks of the Seine River.
There will be ample time for each participant to pursue their own photographic dreams and goals.
Several sessions will explore ongoing photographic and post-production options to enhance the images of Paris we will be creating.
The workshop tuition includes nine days of photography in Paris, accommodations for eight nights in the artistic, historic and comfortable Hotel Lutetia, all breakfasts, three dinners, and several exciting excursions.
Excluded from the cost: airfare to Paris, gratuities, all lunches, some dinners, single room supplement, and incidentals.
The cost per person of this workshop is $5,639.00. There is also a $500 discount for participants who have attended a previous Harold Davis destination photography workshop. Spouse or significant others are welcome, subject to space limitations (a $250 discount applies).
Click here for more information, complete itinerary and prospectus!
We’ve included many of the highlights from the 2013 workshop for this occasion, such as the visit to Monet’s garden at Giverny with after hours access (one of my personal favorites from 2013), and also added a day. If you check out the itinerary, I think you’ll also see some wonderful locations we didn’t get to last time, such as the top of the Tour Montparnasse at night, the Parc de Sceaux, and Père Lachaise.
As one of the participants in last year’s workshop said, put Paris ”on your bucket list ‘cause you may not see this in Heaven.”
“I already admired Harold Davis, and had confidence that he would lead us to fantastic places – and he did!”—2013 Paris workshop participant
2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis Quick facts and links:
About Harold Davis
Harold Davis is an award-winning professional photographer and widely recognized as one of the leading contemporary photographers.
He is the author of more than 30 books, including Monochromatic HDR Photography (Focal Press), The Way of the Digital Photographer (Peachpit), Creating HDR Photos: The Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Photography(Amphoto) Photographing Flowers: Exploring Macro Worlds with Harold Davis (Focal Press), The Photoshop Darkroom 2: Creative Digital Transformations (Focal Press), and The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing (Focal Press).
Harold is the author of the Creative Photography series from Wiley Publishing.
“Harold Davis’s Creative Photography series is a great way to start a photography library”—Daniel Fealko, PhotoFidelity.
The Creative titles include: Creative Landscapes: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Lighting: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Portraits: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Composition: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Night: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Close-Ups: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley). He's also written a book on the fundamentals of exposure, Light & Exposure for Digital Photographers (O'Reilly Media).
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! … I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I’ve done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.