What: Harold Davis will show his botanical prints and discuss Making the Botanical Photo: The Digital Print As an Artifact. This is a free informational event.
Where: PHOTO Fine Art Photography, 473 25th Street, between Telegraph and Broadway, Oakland, California 94612.
When: Saturday June 7, 2014 at 2PM. My presentation is scheduled for 3PM.
About PHOTO: PHOTO is a dedicated gallery space for fine art photographic prints in the East Bay opened in December 2010. PHOTO will be exhibiting BEST OF BOTANICALS, a national juried exhibition that benefits the San Francisco Botanical Garden. Click here for the PHOTO website.
About Harold Davis: Harold Davis is a well-known digital artist and award-winning professional photographer. He is the author of many photography books. His most recent titles are The Way of the Digital Photographer (Peachpit) and Monochromatic HDR Photography (Focal Press).
In addition to his activity as a bestselling book author, Harold is a featured columnist for Photo.net. He is a Zeiss Lens Ambassador and has been acknowledged as a Moab Master printmaker. His limited edition artist book Botanique was featured most recently in Fine Art Printing, the only magazine devoted exclusively to fine art photographic printmaking. Harold’s work is widely collected, licensed by art publishers, and has appeared in numerous magazines and other publications.
Harold’s technique and destination photography workshops to such diverse locations as Paris, France; Heidelberg, Germany; and the ancient Bristlecone Pines of the eastern Sierra Nevada are widely popular and usually sell out quickly.
You can learn more about Harold Davis and his work on his website, www.digitalfieldguide.com. Harold’s blog can be found at www.digitalfieldguide.com/blog.
Here are a few press quotes about Harold:
"Harold is a man of astonishing eclectic skills and accomplishments." –Rangefinder Magazine
"Harold Davis' ethereal floral arrangements have a purity and translucence that borders on spiritual."
–Popular Photography Magazine
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
• "A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
• “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
• "Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips“
• Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
• “Inspiring!”“You were very giving of your talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! ... I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I've done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already.”—L. Beck
• “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.