This class is designed for students who are dealing with depression, stress and anxiety, or students looking for a relaxing gentle yoga experience in a safe and nurturing environment.
1. Understand the benefits of three of the eight limbs of yoga: Pranayama (breath work), Asana (Physical Postures), and Mindfulness and Meditation.
2. Understand and practice proper alignment for a safe practice.
3. Understand stress and anxiety and the impact on your body and mind.
4. Self study: Become aware of your personal response to stress and anxiety and how it affects your body and mind.
5. Develop your challenge response to stress and anxiety.
6. Develop your yoga toolbox for daily living.