Ever heard of "Bitcoin"? It's a digital money with a growing community, where all the coins are stored electronically. You can instantly send as much money as you want anywhere in the world, without having to pay any fees or wait weeks for it to go through. So as international students, Bitcoin could be very helpful for you someday and you could save a lot of money on long distance transfers.
We are planning multiple activities for this event! This is the best opportunity of the year if you want to meet Canadians, usually the people coming to this event do not join any other ESL Meetups! First one will start at 250 Smithe Street, 12pm.
• The CoinFest Art/Trade Show and Media Hall (250 Smithe - 12PM TO 4PM)
There is going to be a lot of artwork and other goods available for purchase using alternative-currency.
• Tour showing the other locations (Tour Starts at 250 Smithe - Leaving 4PM)
This tour is going to show you guys all the other venues, we have other activities starting at 4PM and we don't want anybody to get lost. Tour will cover the next 3 event locations, ending at the Game Room.
FIRST STOP; Doolins Irish Pub.
EVENT: The CoinFest Currency and Commodity Exchange (654 Nelson - 4PM to 10PM)
- Doolins Irish Pub accepts bitcoins! Come have some drinks and here you will be also able to exchange currency with other people!
SECOND STOP; Waves Coffe.
EVENT: The CoinFest Hardware and Mining Demonstration (900 Howe - 4PM TO 10PM)
- Bitcoiniacs (who generously sponsored this event) brought the world's first Bitcoin ATM and you can stop here to check it out, also there is going to be hardware and bitcoin mining demonstration and Bryan Hellard from Newnote will show off mining equipment alongside CryptoThinkTank.
LAST STOP; India Gate Restaurant.
EVENT: The CoinFest Game Room (616 Robson - 4PM TO 10PM), which includes Bitcoin poker free-rolls
- Video game contests with Bitcoin prizes, a booth by CryptØYouth, and ESV Organizer Jeff Tay, who will be holding a game (with Bitcoin prizes) that tasks guests with visiting as many Bitcoin venues/stores as they can! It will be held at the world's first Indian restaurant/bar to accept Bitcoin.
CoinFest has no rules beyond common courtesy (and decency) and those required by law; however, there are some guidelines that you should be aware of. The space and staff for this event are graciously provided by the chosen Bitcoin venue free of charge, so please purchase at least one item from the venue. This also encourages more venues to accept bitcoins in the future. CoinFest is an ardent supporter of cryptocurrency and does not work with fiat or venues that refuse to accept Bitcoin.
You can RSVP for each CoinFest event on the Bitcoin Cooperative's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitcoincoop/events. All things related to CoinFest around the world are linked to from the International Hangout at https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cjquh1sfa8q8vddelle7co2tl0k, where we will hold a virtual event. Find out more at http://www.coinfest.org/
If you have any problems on the day of the event, you can reach Andrew Wagner at [masked].