Hiking in Utah - with our Dogs! Message Board › New Meetup: American Fork Canyon Hike-starting at Timponeke campground

New Meetup: American Fork Canyon Hike-starting at Timponeke campground

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Utah Dog Hikers/Walkers!

What: American Fork Canyon Hike-starting at Timponeke campground
When: Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:45 AM

Where: UTA Park and Ride
14599 Pony Express Road
Draper, UT 84020

This hike will be with Mountainside singles. Anyone is invited to attend!

Meet at the 146th park and ride at 6:45am. We will leave promptly at 7:00am.

This park and ride is just west off the exit of 14600 South Draper/Bluffdale and I-15. I believe it's exit 288 (just north of the huge Geneva rock quary.) Once you get off the exit go west. The first road west (of both north an south bound I-15) is the frontage road that goes by all the prisons. The park and ride is right at the north east corner of the intersection.

What to bring:

Sturdy shoes if you don't have hiking boots

64oz of water for yourself-You can buy camel back style backpacks pretty cheap at WalMart and Costco that hold 2 liters of water along with gear-or just bring at least 3-4 standard water bottles. Its going to be in the low 90's high 80's

If you are bringing a dog don't forget to bring a couple water bottles full for your dog and something for them to drink out of-I'd want water if I was wearing a fur coat in the summer

Bring snacks for yourself

Dogs MUST be on leash! NO EXCEPTIONS!

There will be some beginners on this hike so bring your patience and a camera to enjoy the great views

Check it out!