This meetup we are very pleased to announce a guest speaker, David Peterson, travelling down from Brisbane to join us. David is one of Australia's most prominent Drupal developers as well as being a Senior Drupal Advisor for Acquia and a leading expert on RDFa (Semantic Web) development. David has led major projects for the ABC: Digital Radio & Hungry Beast, PreviousNext, the Australian War Memorial and the National Library of Australia.
We have four brief talks, followed by plenty of social discussion time.
To fit everything in we're proposing to start a bit earlier than usual, 4pm. If the earlier time doesn't fit in let us know and if it affects too many people we can shift it back.
Drinks are very kindly sponsored by Acquia!
If you are investigating which content management framework to work with, are planning a new online venture, are a website developer from any field or are a drupal developer at any level then this will be a great event to learn about the current state and direction of Drupal.
- Using Drupal 8 as a dev platform for innovation - David Peterson, Acquia
- Drupal 8 is the upcoming release of the massively popular Open Source System. It has a completely new backend engine built with Symfony2 and is RESTful at its core. Mobile applications will become a first class citizen along with a responsive design built in.
- Learn how you can leverage this flexibility to rapidly create web applications and minimise time to market.
- Managing online subscriptions, a guide for startups. - Tony Miller, Eighty Options
- For most businesses, keeping existing customers is an easier task than attracting new customers. So if your business implements a recurring subscription model you'll want to make it as easy as possible for your customers to remain subscribed. This talk focusses on what to plan for, what to look for in subscription management software and of course what Drupal offers.
- Best practice UX for content creators - David Peterson, Acquia
- Drupal has traditionally not been well known for its backend user experience. This has all changed now with a huge effort by core and contributed module developers.
- Listen to a lightning talk that covers all the latest tools that will make you content creators love you.
- Acquia, accelerating your Drupal build process - David Peterson, Acquia
- Acquia is a company that does only one thing, Drupal. We work to host, support and accelerate the development of Drupal around the world. I will cover what we are doing in the Asia-Pacific Japan region (APJ) along with how we can work with you in your Drupal build.