addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

House Rabbit Resource Network Message Board › Margot Bunny is going to be sad - her feline kittens need to be re-homed

Margot Bunny is going to be sad - her feline kittens need to be re-homed

Rachel K.
user 136540652
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hello everyone, I am new to sharing my home with a rabbit. She moved in with me about 8 months ago after having been passed between a few people. I don't know how old she is or have any medical records, but I suspect she needs to be spayed and have a well-bunny check up - recommendations for vets would be very appreciated!

I was not happy keeping her in an indoor cage or outdoor hutch. Wild rabbits would lose their minds in those kinds of conditions, so I kept her door open and within two weeks she'd made the controlled transition to living in my very small, bunny-proofed apt with several adult cats. One of them became her special friend until I found 4 tiny kittens in the middle of/on the side of a busy road, with their feral mom trying to carry them all across to safety.

Margot Bunny immediately took on the role of mother and has groomed, herded, and loved these four kittens. They know that bunnies are for loving, not hunting, and try to eat hay and the greens and carrots I give Margot, although their faces usually communicate something like "Yuck! I can't believe this is food!"

I would like to rehome these kittens as soon as I can now that they are all litter trained and have stopped chewing on things they shouldn't. There are two males and two females, and they need homes with people who are kind and generous to small creatures. Soft food, vet visits for shots and spay/neutering, and loving attention are necessary. It would be great if there is at least one rabbit in the house so they feel mother love or some memory of it, too.

My email is and I am happy to meet with you whenever we can arrange it!