Houston Active Dogs Message Board › Houston Active Dogs: Announcements & Updates

Houston Active Dogs: Announcements & Updates

Closed to new replies

Tara
txcassie
Group Organizer
Rosenberg, TX
Hello all and Welcome to our new members!
There's lots of good stuff in this email so I encourage you to really read it and follow up by visiting the http://www.meetup.com...­ website.  Included in this email is information about upcoming events and updates to the Houston Active Dogs site (new pages, polls, and discussions).
Upcoming Events:
Today, 7:00 pm: We have our weekly Saturday Meetup at the Boneyard Drinkery at 7:00 pm.  We will keep this weekly recurring meetup going for at least the next couple of weeks, then re-evaluate the frequency of that event.
Oct 31, 7:00 pm: We also have the 2nd Annual Boneyard Boo Bash on Thursday, October 31 at 7:00 pm.  This should be fun event and if your dog isn't microchipped, this is the night to get it done as inexpensively as you'll ever find it!  ($20) This is also or first attempt in while at weeknight event. (This event was set up by request of one of our members -Thanks for the feedback and participation!)
Nov 2, 11:00 am: Hike with Houston Area Trails and More Meetup in  Northwest Houston. This group goes on fairly regular hikes in and around the Houston area.  I have approval to cross-post their event for HAD.  Events with this group will almost always be on leash, but it is a great opportunity to explore trails and parks around Houston.
Nov 2, 7:00 pm: Weekly Meetup at the Boneyard Drinkery.   Come on out and relax after a long week!
Nov 9, 9:30 am: I would like to set up a day trip to the beach.  The weather has finally cooled off a little but the water shouldn't be too cool yet. I'm going to add it to the suggested events page for Nov 9 and depending on the response, we'll post it as an official event.  I'll be looking for 10 people to commit before officially announcing it.
Nov 23, 9:00 am: Palm Springs Dog Park meetup in Sugar Land. This is a nice dog park located off Hwy 59 & University Blvd in Sugar Land.  There are areas for large and small dogs with an oasis type "pond" in the large dog side.  If your dog likes the water, bring towels!  (This is  another event that's been set up based on member feedback - Thanks for speaking up!)
New Polls about events:
I created some new polls designed to gather information that should be helpful for planning new events. You can find them by clicking the "More" link, then selecting "Polls". Each poll is designed to gather specific information.  Please take a few minutes and complete all of them.
New Discussion:
I started a new discussion regarding special (one time) or annual dog friendly events in and around Houston.   I know events like this happen all the time and we're not aware of them.  I'll create a special page listing these events - even if we aren't going as a group.
New pages for the site:
I am putting together information about local low cost resources and local rescue groups that our members support or are involved with.  If you know about a low cost vaccination or spay/neuter clinic, or if you are involved with a local rescue group, send me the information and I will add it to the appropriate page.
Please note that rescue groups can be cautious about where their information is posted so I will not post any group's information without their permission.  If you send me information on a rescue group, please include contact information so I can obtain their permission to post.
Ok, I think that's everything for now!  Check out the site updates - the polls are currently active, the new events should be added by the end of the day and the newest discussion is waiting for your comments.
Thanks for listening and I hope to see you at an event soon!
Tara / Organizer for Houston Active Dogs