Houston Portfolio Building Network Message Board › Halloween Workshop and Family Funday. Feedback required!!!

Halloween Workshop and Family Funday. Feedback required!!!

Robert P.
Prophet8
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 4
Halloween Workshop! Feedback needed!
I am ready to host a Shelby Carter style event. But bigger. Cuz I am all about bigger and better;)
Here is the plan: Details subject to change based on feedback!

Halloween themed workshop and family fun day for HPBN.
Date will be October 22 OR 23rd from 10am to 9pm
Location will be Huntsville State Park at the 4000SqFt recreation building. Built in 1937 this facility has private bathrooms, kitchen and room to shoot indoors and out! Great natural light and atmosphere.
Lunch and Dinner provided for all photogs, models, MUAs and family! There are two playgrounds and fishing on Lake Raven does not require a fishing license, but you will need to bring your own gear.

From 10am to 1pm we will shoot "Kids in Costumes". BYOK or borrow mine. LOL I will have two or three MUAs for PROFESSIONAL and SAFE face painting for the kids and family members who want to pose. Inside the rec center we will decorate some fun, not too scary, backgrounds to pose against. We will shoot outdoors as well.
From 1pm to 2 we will break for lunch and family fun and games for the kids. I also want to have a pinata for the kids and one for the adults cuz Daddy needs candy too!
From 2pm to 5 pm we will have 7 to 10 models (male and female) to shoot outdoor fashion and editorial and indoor natural light.
5 to 6pm break for dinner and more games for the kids and allow models to hit make up for....
6pm Sunset Horror on Lake Raven!! Adult models will be in costume and make up for classic horror movie characters. Zombies, vampires, a mummy, a witch and IF I can find the right guy, a Boris Karloff Frankenstein! Of course, we will also have a Hero and a couple of damsels in distress. Sunset is about 6:25pm and we will start shooting with special effects lighting at dark. The kids can also join in the fun as nothing will be TOO scary for the little ones. I plan to have my six yr old Darth Vader wacking vampires and zombies with a light saber. ;)

Cost for photogs will be $50 for the shooter only. Kids and spouses are free. Any additional adult family you want to bring out will be $10 for lunch and dinner. Entry to the park is $5 per person, but with a good turn out, we will get this lowered by the park.

Models: There will be casting for this event for the main movie characters!
Character Models shooting TFP are free for kids and spouses and $10 for any adult guests for lunch and dinner. Models who have been approved for characters south of Beltway 8 will also be compensated for gas. Park entry will be covered by HPBN for up to $20 (you and 3 family members) and costumes may be available with advance notice. Photogs will provide a minimum of 5 corrected images to each model they shoot within 14 days or I will personally TP their house with my son around 8:30 at night. LOL So photogs: please get images to your models and MUAs!!
Uncasted Models: You are welcome to join us for all the fun! You will have to cover your own gas, park entry and costume expenses. Bring your kiddos! We will feed you for free.

I am going to need at least 15 photogs to commit to pull this off. The food, fun, facility, MUAs, wardrobe and travel for professional level models will NOT be cheap. I don't need to make money, but I can assure you I am not going to loose money either. If we have less than 15 photogs RSVP, I will give you all the option to pay extra to cover expenses or we will cancel. I would rather cancel than host an event like this and cut expenses down to nothing.

Here is where I need feedback: Location, themes, dates and costs. Personally, I love all day family events. Some of you may want to shoot less and escape your family! We do have the option of reducing workshop costs and charging for meals. However, feeding 50 people does not cost that much more than feeding 30 when half of them are kids. It is simpler to bbq for everyone. Also, I don't intend to serve a hotdog and a bag of chips to adults. I would love to do a gumbo and slow cooked pulled pork bbq for adults and hotdogs and hamburgers or pb&j for the kids.