addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hudson Valley Skeptics Message Board › Agenda items for Saturday

Agenda items for Saturday

Dan L.
DanLackaye
Group Organizer
Poughkeepsie, NY
Post #: 31
Here are a couple of topics I'd like to cover at the meeting on Saturday:

Skepticamp Hudson Valley (http://skepticamp.wik...­ I'm thinking sometime in the summer or early fall.

Carl Sagan Day (this is the 9th of November)- what kind of event could we hold for this? Public screening of some Cosmos episodes? Of "Contact"? Other ideas? Planetarium/observatory visit? All of the above?

Hudson Valley Humanists- I wanted to give Rich a few minutes to talk about this group. While there is a tremendous amount of overlap between HV Skeptics and HV Humanists, there are some things that might fall outside our purview but that still might be of interest to HV Skeptics members.

Questions for Tom from Ghost Magnets with a Twist- Tom leads a local paranormal investigation group and was interested in attending the meeting. I know we have questions for him, as he does for us. Hoping for a very interesting conversation about their methodology. This, honestly, will be much more informative than if we'd gone to the Miss Fanny's event.

10-23 Campaign (http://www.1023.org.u...­ this is a public awareness campaign about homeopathic medicine. There haven't been any large scale demonstrations along the lines of what they've done in the past, but I don't think anything like this has been done in our area and the Hudson Valley could use something like this. Wondered if there was interest in organizing something.

Ideas for a location for a meeting on the west side of the river- I was thinking about alternating venues, attempting to get Adriance every other month and some other place in Ulster/Orange for alternating months, to even out the amount of travel for everyone. Maybe one of the libraries over there. Thoughts or ideas on this would be welcomed.

Ideas for other meet ups for the group (social gatherings, day trips, etc.)

Any other items folks would like to bring up, email them to hvskeptics@gmail.com and I'll add them, or just post something here.