Human Powered (Bicycle/Kayak/Canoe/Hiking) World Touring Message Board › Follow up on more Organizers needed -HPWT

Follow up on more Organizers needed -HPWT

Saul_K
Saul_Kinderis
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
I asked for more organizers and got a number of great responses, but since several of you sent me emails from your personal account (and even the organizers don't see your personal email, unless you send a personal message), and you had fairly normal names, I couldn't figure out which group (GUGO, HPWT or SSK) you were a member of or which Terri, Jo or Dana you were, so if you are still interested in helping out by putting on an event more or less each month, then reply to this message (It will just go to me and not the whole group) and I'll make you into an assistant organizer. I can even help you review your event plans for your first few events to help you get off to a solid start.

For GUGO's we need people to lead more in town cultural or social things (I'm pretty lame on those as I usually head into the woods or the waves every chance I get), items such as movies, restaurants, parties, dancing, clubbing, etc. We also need people to lead hiking, climbing and skiing events.

For HPWT - I need more people to lead hiking, biking and kayaking events, especially for the Southern California members, since other than an October Catalina Island trip, I haven't posted anything for them in months, and probably won't post much until the Seattle weather turns and I need an escape. I will probably post one weekend Southern California trip a month from mid November until March.

For SSK - I need more people to lead paddles, especially on the weeknights, I also need more people to step up on instruction su8ch as bracing and rolling since we've had someone test out for their self rescue every paddle for the last 3 months, so the interest is there, but I'm near my teaching limits.

To make this easier, I am willing to back up any of my new assistants with loaner equipment for the events they post. With advance scheduling I can provide a vehicle with kayaks loaded, or snowshoes, or bicycles, we would need to work out the details.

While our membership gender split is close to 50/50, our organizer split is mainly guys and needs more women, so ladies if you have been thinking about leading some events but have been hesitating, nows your chance, let me know what your concerns are and we'll help you address them.

Thanks - Saul
saul@isomedia.com