Join us for a Work Party - we will make some improvements around our Humanist Center!
There will be things that can be done within the air conditioned envelope and those that cannot. Things to do include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adjusting a ceiling tile to fit around the bracket holding the projector.
- Constructing a valley gutter/retaining structure beside the storage shed. This involves setting formwork for casting concrete. Outside of the air conditioned envelope.
- Moving some aggregate base course around with rakes and shovels. Also outside.
- Installing some shelves and brackets.
- Minor painting and drywall repair.
Even if you cannot help out for the entire event, come for as long as you can. Drink some coffee (iced?), socialize, accomplish something, and have fun doing it! This event coincides with the effort to crochet bedrolls.
Work Parties are always fun. Come on out and help our fellow Humanists to improve our home. We don't actually work that hard, and participants get a feeling of satisfaction, enjoying the improvements all the more.