Humanities Project Monthly Cultural Presentation & Meeting
Hal Saferstein presents
The Pirates of Penzance, by Gilbert & Sullivan
Hal Saferstein and Zenaido Quintana will be teaching an Opera class at Mesa Community College this spring. Hal has generously offered to present to us his lecture on "The Pirates of Penzance", by Gilbert & Sullivan. (O.k., so it's an operetta.)
Who doesn't love pirates?
(Note: This presentation replaces the film originally scheduled to be shown. Our apologies to those who were planning to come to see that. "Walking with Freedom" can be viewed in segments on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f73WavvZ3c. The film can be purchased here http://www.walkingwithfreedom.com/about.html)
Bringing and sharing of light refreshments encouraged and appreciated!
- The HSGP Humanities Project will hold Open Meetings on the 3rd Friday of each month at 7pm at HCC. All are invited to attend. The first part of the meeting is given over to one or more of our HSGP members or guests to share with us some aspect of arts & humanities that they are passionate about! The second part of the meeting is for general business, ie planning of future events. Total meeting time approximately 2 hours.
- The HSGP Humanities Project will present arts & humanities related talks at 1-3 Sunday Speaker meetings in 2013.
- We will plan and execute at least one fundraiser for HSGP.
- Throughout the year we will plan excursions to various arts & humanities events in and around the Valley for those who wish to participate.
- On occasion we may hold fun artsy events at the HCC.
Hosted by Mike Franklin and your HSGP Humanities Project Committee.