Ofer Ron from LivePerson is going to introduce Scala language for developers.
What is it about?
1. Functional programming: an introduction:
- Pure functions, controlled side effects
- example: Option
2. Scala's mixed paradigm: OOP and functional programming together
3. Scala - Java interop.
4. Scala vs. Java - pros and cons:
- Things you can do in scala and in java, but with less code.
- Basic scala stuff you can't do in Java
- A taste of advanced scala functionality: typeclasses
The talk will be accompanied to plenty of code examples, and will be conducted mostly as a Q&A session.