|Sent on:||Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:34 AM|
Last Day for Earlybird Special Rates
If you plan to take part in the November 1 Landmark Show/Exhibit... Today is the "Last Day" to take part in the half price rod rate.
What this means is:
1) If you plan to hang one picture, the rate is $5/picture (this helps cover the appetizers, music, etc. that we put into having a fine show/exhibit). There are 2 photos per rod (a max of 40 rods). So, if this is all you planned to enter, you would get half space on that rod.
2) If you plan to hang 2 photos in the show, you would get the whole rod (2 photos/rod) at that same rate. So you are getting the same because the price is half (Earlybird Special) thru today...April 30.
You can purchase up to 3 rods (6 pictures). All payable thru PayPal (on Home page, same place you pay your annual dues).
Now...if you commit:
1) you will be committed to having that number of photos in the show and you will not get your $ back.
2) the good thing is if you commit thru today, then you can get future rods at this same rate later up until all rods are taken.
3) If you wait until this Special Rate is over (tomorrow, May 1), then there is no half price rate and you will be paying $5/photo regardless. So, if you want 2 pictures in the show, it will be $5 + $5 = $10. Three pictures: $5 + $5 + $5 = $15. Today, you can get 3 rods of 2 pictures/rod = 6 pictures.
This Early Bird Special Rate was for the month of April. It's purpose is an attempt to get all 40 rods signed up for so we know we have a full house for the show
Some members have questioned whether we would have the show at the Landmark (as we have in the past) due to the questions re the National Trust having such a hold/decison making authority over what takes place there this year. Yes, that is true...they will have that say so. But, I have been investigating "other" locations and yesterday signed us up for the University Club (970 North Delaware). This is not official as I currently have us on the books for 2 or 3 places...as I want the show to go on...and to be a grand show indeed!
If you have not been to the University Club, it is a first rate club! It is a "men's" club, just as the Propylaeum is a "women's" club. It's a beautiful 2 story English Tudor house one block south of the interstate...or roughly 2 - 3 blocks south of the Pres. Benjamin Harrison Home.
I have been there for other events (dinners), but not an "Open House" as what we will have! They have a fireplace in the front "parlor/living room", and 2 other large rooms for showings! Plus, they have 2 large rooms on the 2nd floor for showings!
They have 2 very nice built in bars on each level! I'm considering having a "dessert" table(s) instead of the traditional hors d'oeuvere table, along with a coffee bar (after dinner coffees), on one of the floors. These would both be "cash" bars.
"Historic Churches of Indianapolis and Throughout Indiana" is our theme this year. That will definitely be carried out on the first floor! I'm considering an "Anything Goes" on the 2nd floor, meaning "anything except the theme".
I'm not positive exactly how many pictures this would allow...as there are no rods as is at the 1201 Gallery of the Landmarks. We would have to use easels and/or table tops! I'm thinking that the number would be similar considering the fact there are 2 floors with very good size rooms on each floor. Several of our members have easels already (from the Propylaeum and Landmarks shows we've done in the past). Other hanging devices will be considered... Nothing on the walls as they already have some very nice and rather expensive art work on the walls!
Again...this has not been confirmed, but is on hold until I decide just "which" location we will use. Other locations in the area are also being considered, but I am leaning toward the University Club...possibly even if the Landmarks come thru and says we can have the space...as I was very impressed with what I saw, and the potential from my view point, of what we can achieve there.
I hope you will take advantage of this special rate today..as this would apply to this location, themed show/exhibit or the "Anything Goes", or anything else we may do at that time. And, I do have an "addition" to this I have not check yet...but will. It would be an "on top of these" if that materializes.
So...hope to get more people signed up...as tomorrow...the rate doubles.