Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Indy MU Photo Club - General Forum › Holiday Greetings

Holiday Greetings

A former member
Post #: 4
As we approach the Holidays and the New Year, I would like to extend my best wishes to all of the IMUPC members the Best of Holidays and a Joyous New Year.... I look forward to continuing my association and look forward to what 2012 will bring.

Happy Holidays
Carol T
cthomps4
Group Organizer
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 44
Thank you John! We look forward to seeing you at as many meetings and photo shoots as your time will allow... It's this type commitment that wil make this club the great club we all want.

2012 is going to be a really great year! We have several new opportunities to offer members this coming year: I'm very excited about our Education Team that Greg Mitchell heads...and the assistance he's going to be getting from some of our super photographers from the membership: Bill Riggs Bob Hawkins, Fred Soskel and Jeff Coates. They're going to be helping with those hands on sessions and it will be super!

And, Fred Soskel will be continuing on with his "Camera Basics" to help those who have areas they're struggling with in use of their cameras.

Also, coming on board is IndyJeff for all those who have an interest in Sports! This should be a great addition for the club...

And...Carter Keith and Amy Horowitz are still going strong with the TTD! That was our first Focus Group and they have been and done a tremendous amount in the short time they've been meeting. They've done some pretty remarkable things already! And, a whole host of opportunities lies ahead for them... This is going to be a dynamite year for them coming up!

And...I've got more exhibits lined up just waiting... (So, everyone start looking at what you have that you'd like to exhibit.) This year, I'm looking at the Talbot Street Art Fair (June), the RockyRipple Art Fair in September, and maybe the Chautauqua in Madison (last weekend in September). Plus a repeat of those we did last year!

And, I'm wanting us to consider possibly some travel in our upcoming plans for those who want to venture out of the Indy area... Last year the idea of Wyoming when the aspens were in ful color was suggested, but the timing just wasn't good. Well...let's entertain that idea this year and let's make that happen! (Remember...someday...I'd like to get you all up to Duluth, MN, for snow and the Beargrease!!!)

And...the Studio! You all will hear more about that later!!!! But, that will be coming in late Spring/Early Summer...along with some joint ventures with the Propylaeum and the First Friday activities...

Ohhh...And...Mass Ave is still a work in progress! We'll be shooting there all year and taking part in a variety of activities in that area...

Plus a BIGGIE! Jeff Coates is working with a Focus Group: Funds to see about generating some revenue back into the club to help suppor us for all our activities and club needs! Yippee!!!

So much to tell you...so little space...so little time!!! So...too...

Merry Christmas! & a VERY Happy New Year!!!