addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Focus Groups › Eagle Creek focus group

Eagle Creek focus group

A former member
Post #: 116
Eagle Creek is by far one of if not the best park in Indiana! Why i say this.. 1st and foremost Deer are always present in the morning. 2nd scenery whether its by the lake around 71st street or one of the smaller lakes there's so much to photograph @ any given season. 3rd runners. People add to a photo especially early in the morning. 4th birds. 5th there is a lot of macro photography that can be applied here as well. Now with mentioning all these things i myself have found sunrise has been the best time to photograph out there. The sunrises are breath taking but getting some early morning fog and having some form of clouds add to the trip. After 10 am the Deer head back into the deeper part of the woods towards the east side, The sun is getting to bright so you have to change how you want to shoot after 10 am. During the summer i would say 9 am because sunrise is between 6- 6:30 am.
There is so much more i haven't seen out there and i want to explore. An idea is to head out there any given day early in the morning before you head out for your daily work or Chores. I haven't thought about sunset yet frankly because i haven't been motivated to do so. If you show up there before 7 am you should be able to get in without paying the 5 dollars if not they accept credit cards as well. Jeff and Dave B have been there several times as well. This may work out as a focus group once a month if not keep in mind its one of Indiana's finest parks to photograph