Product managers are typically in a role I like to call "The Glue". You tend to be the person coordinating between and helping to direct engineering, design, marketing, etc to get the best overall product for your customers.
This meeting we'll have group discussion around the following:
• As a product manger what artifacts do you produce and who do you provide those artifacts to? What goals do these artifacts attempt to accomplish and what do the people receiving them typically expect?
• What artifacts or information do you receive as a product manager? Who do you receive it from and at what times is the information important?
• What are common types of problems in communication between you and the other roles you work with? What approaches have you taken to resolve these problems?
• Product managers also help resolve problems in communication between other roles. What common problems do you see between other roles on your team(s)? Have you developed strategies to help resolve these issues and make your team more effective?
• Based on your experience what could you do more of to make your team more effective?
• Based on your experience what do you think is the most ineffective part of your job that you would like to see reduced or eliminated? What would your team gain by stopping this?
• 5:30 - Doors Open / Pre-meeting Networking
• 6:00 - Meeting starts
• 6:00-6:15 - Welcome & Monthly Aha!
• 6:15-6:30 - Spontaneous group problem solving (Here's your chance to get the group's thoughts on whatever challenging problem you are tackling right now. )
• 6:30-7:30 - Group discussion of being "the glue" and getting the most from/for your team.
• 7:30 - Meeting ends
• 7:30-8 - Hang out and socialize post-meeting
Soda, water, and a few snacks will be provided.
(We will be meeting at SEP's office in Carmel, across from the Palladium. Garage parking attached to the building is free.)
You can download a map/directions here:
When you get inside the building, signs will be posted to help direct you to SEP's office and the room where the meetup will be held.
If you or your company are interested in sponsoring food or snacks please get in touch with me.