A former member
Post #: 19
Symphony On The Prairie (SOTP)
Important Bullet Points:

• Once we make the initial purchase of 30 tickets, additional discount tickets can be obtained as needed throughout the season

• Discount tickets can be used for any performance

• Rain-out refunds only occur if severe weather causes the officials to cancel during the show (not all rain qualifies as severe weather). However if it looks like rain, you can save your ticket for another day

• Discount tickets can be purchased for family & friends (MeetUp Event not required)

• We don't need 30 people to attend on any given night

• They'll reserve seating for small or large groups when we provide an estimated turnout in advance

• Tickets can be picked-up at Will Call by those who prepaid

• Full disclosure: SOTP provides one free ticket to the event organizer

Here's an example of what will work:
We can meet our 30 ticket goal with fifteen tickets for Jun 22, ten tickets for Sept 1st and five tickets for John Doe friend's to see the July 4th show (John need not be present). Then if Steve has a ticket but misses the June 22 show, he can buy an extra ticket later and take a date to the Tchaikovsky performance.

SOTP does not provide for individual ticket sales directly from SOTP. They want the initial purchase of 30 in a lump sum. That means I have to collect money from everyone (don't worry, I won't run off to Vegas with your $19!).

I realize that 30 prepaid patrons is much harder than 30 "yes" RSVP's (we currently have 36 "yes"). It's worth a try but I'm not going to be upset if we don't make the goal and end up paying full price at the door.

To make this work, I'd like everybody who wants to prepay to send a check to my home address. I'm not going to cash the checks until we have 30 prepaid people. If we don't make the goal, I will tear up the checks and mail them back (to the address on the check).

My address:
Wayne Nicodemus
11234 Whitewater Way
Fishers, IN 46037

I'm hoping some people already know that they want to attend the Beatles Classical Mystery Show on Sept 1st (a premium event). If so, they can help get the discount by buying their tickets now (if we are a few tickets short of our goal). I will post the prepaid tally as it increases. Hopefully, this won't be necessary.

Our goal will be much easier to meet if we don't procrastinate in mailing the checks. Hopefully, I will have 30 checks in-hand before May 22nd. Therefore, please nail your check by Friday, May 17th. Once this critical step is accomplished, I will post info about how additional tickets can be purchased. If you put a check in the mail, please also let me know by email.

I'm optimistic that we'll meet our goal and really enjoy these events. We're not gambling a lot with $19, yet 30% savings is worth the effort. My greatest interest is getting roped-off reserved seating however! See ya there!
A former member
Post #: 21
I'm only hosting on Jun 22 and Sept 1st. People can but tickets to any other show of the season and go with friends. Also, I'll help anybody guest-host if they would like have a MeetUp other than Jun 22 and the Beatles. I'd post it and arrange the roped-off seating. They'd just have to go and make people feel welcome.
A former member
Post #: 1
Mail you a check today. Betty Lynch
A former member
Post #: 22
Gates open at 6 pm and the concert starts at 8 pm which gives us time to socialize. Food & wine adds to any social event so lets do a pitch-in with wine-tasting! For a new twist on wine tasting, lets judge which wine pairs best with simple summer-fare food. Participation is optional. You can just eat from the pitch-in, just wine-taste, mix & match or none of the above. There are no prizes for winning in wine tasting so there's no limit in cost per bottle. Bring whatever type of wine you'd like. So that we don't have too much food left over, please bring enough food for only 4-5 people. And if you're the type to open a bottle of wine but only drink 1-2 glasses, feel free to donate half-full bottles to the wine tasting table.

Suggested food:
Summer sausage / deli meat, crackers, nice cheeses, cheese ball, artichoke dip, chips & salsa, meatballs in sauce, melon, strawberries, grapes, raw vegetables, veggie dip, pickles/olives, hummus, chilled shrimp & cocktail sauce.

I'll bring cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto (yummy!) and a bottle of wine. I'll also bring 2 card tables, 50+ paper plates, napkins, and clear-plastic tumbler glasses for wine. Posting what "you" are bringing is optional. Also, feel free to ignore my food suggestions and just bring your favorite dish.

This activity will be finishing before the concert begins at 8 pm. It would be discourteous for 25+ people to be walking around during the show. If you're not arriving until the last minute, it would be best to not bring anything for the pitch-in. We can still get into our personal coolers during the show as desired, however.
Denise F.
user 65872452
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hey, Wayne, am I signed up for the June 22 meetup or the Beatles? I can't remember. Denise
A former member
Post #: 25
Hey, Wayne, am I signed up for the June 22 meetup or the Beatles? I can't remember. Denise
Hi Denise,

You RSVPd yes to Beatles with both ISO40 and IndySingles. I assumed that was an oversight and I counted you as "one" for Beatles. Of course, it doesn't really matter. Come to whatever you want.

Ticket sales are still slow. We currently have 13 prepaid and you're #11. They sell books of 10 tickets for $190. If I get 7 more prepaid (but not 30), you'll get a ticket out of the second book.