Informal iPhone Developer Meetup Message Board › VC-funded Startup seeking iOS Developer
San Francisco, CA
I'm co-founder of Alohar Mobile, a VC-funded start-up in Palo Alto. We're looking for an iOS Software Developer to join our team. We're building software to enable a new category of intelligent & context-aware mobile apps -- like Predictive Siri, Google Now & smart personal assistants.
This exciting area has really resonated with the press, with articles about Alohar Mobile in TechCrunch, GigaOm, Forbes, Inc Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal. Robert Scoble named Alohar Mobile atop his list of the nine hottest technology companies he met last year.
Link to Press Articles
My cofounder was the Platform Architect of Google's "Blue Dot" location service, which is used by many mobile apps and maps. He was also architect of Google Latitude. We're a fun bunch that celebrates product milestones with day out at the movies, and other light-hearted events.
Even if you're not available, we are paying $1,500 referral fees for candidates that we hire. If you don't want to pimp your friends for money, we can donate the $1,500 to your favorite charity :)
While we're looking for someone who is "very foolish & very hungry" ... we're not asking anyone to starve. We offer market competitive salaries, plus the equity upside of joining a start-up ... PLUS free lunch, Monday through Friday, for those of you who actually are hungry.
Please email resumes, or refer candidates to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Alvin Lau, Co-founder) (email: alvin at alohar dot com)
● Passionate about mobile apps and location-based services
● M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering from a top tier university
● Objective-C and/or Android Java expert (who can pick up the other platform quickly)
● Shipped at least one amazing iPhone/Android app product
● Strong experience with location,
accelerometer and other smartphone sensors. Sensor fusion knowledge preferred
● Extraordinary software engineering talent, rich experience with agile software development, a great generalist
● Strong aptitude in algorithms, and in large scale data
● Competency in MySQL or other data systems.
● Experience with building SDK, open Web APIs and participating in developer communities
● Strong analytical and communication skills.
● Entrepreneurial, be able to think out of the box and thrive in a startup atmosphere
Send resume to email@example.com (email: alvin at alohar dot com)