From the early stone ages to the modern space age, from the realms of ancient Egypt to the ascendancy of 21st century, culture has always been a key influence to the development, success and prosperity of human races and civilizations. In modern society where world is becoming smaller and the boundaries are fast diminishing we often see people from all different cultures coexisting peacefully, in some cases protecting their culture at heart and in other cases redefining a brand new culture. In this discussion we will talk about what culture mean to us and how does it influence our personal development. Some of the topics we might emphasis on are following:
- What is culture?
- The importance of culture in human development.
- How does culture affect our personal identity?
- Dose culture influences the way we think or the way we think influences the culture.
- Why do people in different cultures listen, understand and react differently?
- Does the art belong to the artist or to the culture?
- Can a unified culture help us to build a better world for all?
NOTE: Please remember the following points for the discussion.
- All the discussion topics are purely rhetorical and only meant for having an intellectual, meaningful, debatable, exciting and educational conversations. They are not meant to attack or criticize individual beliefs, culture, religion or political thinking.
- Given the fact that occasionally a discussion could become argumentative, please have mutual respect for each other and individual viewpoints and restrain from any personal attacks.
257 Elm St
Somerville, MA 02144
There are plenty of street and lot parking in Davis Square area. Details about parking lots can be found here.
Please email us your suggestions, comments and concerns at [masked]