Happy New Years!!! Hope everyone had a safe, fun and restful New Year.
It's great seeing that we have over 100 members in a little over 2 months.
I am really excited about the start of the New Year so I hope you can
find yourself feeling the same way... with me; it about new beginnings with
So, I've got a few things to discuss...
1) If you have [Title: ???] on your profile; this is because you have not provided
your current profession or industry that you belong to. You can provide me this
info by either clicking on the [Edit group profile] link or sending me an email.
2) I actually didn't realize until recently but our member represent over 38 countries
right now. http://www.meetup.com/Internationals/photos/464779/
If I missed you country please let me know and I'll add the flag.
3) I want to expand our Meetup network onto the LinkedIn Network.
Am sure some of you already have Linkedin accounts so if you can connect
to me below: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencgeorge
4) If any of you can think about becoming Assistant Organizers please let me know. I need
individuals that can help plan events and especially host events when I am out of town.
I would like to see the group have several Assistant Organizers... basically form an events
committee... Send me an email and we will get that going.
5) OKAY THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ.
I've decided on the location for our "PRE-INAUGURATION HAPPY HOUR !!!"
[url=http://www.meetup.com/Internationals/calendar/9324343/]PRE-INAUGURATION HAPPY HOUR !!![/url
1919 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006
> Currently there are 15 Yes RSVPs and 8 Maybe RSVPs
> I've reserved the VIP section which has a 20 person Max so this
event has only 20 spots with a Waiting List.
> To ensure that everyone who has signed up and absolutely wants to
come out... Please perform the following:
- If you haven't RSVPed and you would like to attend... Please do so and get on the Waiting List.
- If you have RSVPed Maybe and you do plan to attend... Please change your RSVP to Yes.
** On Jan 10th; I will be removing the option to RSVP Maybe. **
** Only The first 5 to change their RSVP to Yes will be on the VIP list. **
- If you have RSVPed Yes and DO NOT plan to attend... Please change your RSVP to No to allow
the other members who would like to get together the opportunity.
- If you have RSVPed Yes and do plan to attend... To cover the cost of Champagne, Appetizers, putting
the event together and ensuring that we don't have any no shows this time; there will be an event charge of
around $15. Am still working out the details but expect another email about this.
Thanks and really looking forward to seeing some of the new members and connecting again with
those that I've already gotten a chance to know.
== Steven George